Wednesday 20 May 2009

Finally going digital.

General experimentation into layouts and the general design. I think I've decided on a colour, blue, it just seems more relaxing which it needs to be as it will include stressful dates. I really have no idea what I like best, I'm still experimenting and will continue to experiment until I reach a design I am happy with.
This is the general layout of the dates, I'm not going to change this as it seems the most appropriate. It's also the only way I can do it so the stickers will fit.

I've made the weekends blue so they sit back a bit more as it's an academic calendar the week days are the most important.

Not entirely sure about this at the moment as I need to consider where my stickers are going to go, and whether they will fit. 

When researching into calendars, there was a lot of designs I liked where there were geometric shapes involved and have been wanting to incorporate this into my designs. I have experimented a little with the header/title, but I would like to further include these in the dates. When in the last crit, Lauren said to try and make it so it isn't just a big long list of numbers as it can seem quite daunting, I think this takes the edge off it a little. Here's my attempt.

Again, nothing final, but I quite like the circles. I'm going to see whats said about them in my crit tomorrow, hopefully I will get some helpful feedback.

Things to do:
Characterise specific days, i.e, valentines day
Have another look at the space, will the stickers still fit and where will they go in relation to the text
Print off a mock up to scale (if I can get in the print room, if not then just to scale on A4)
Look into more sticker designs and begin sticker layouts
Add in more dates
Questionnaire - where in the year did people most struggle with time management - use these results to add in reminders on the calendar

2 comments:

Bequa said...

hey huni iv just found this, its calendar wall paper so i though it might help

http://rachelbestblogs.blogspot.com/2008/05/christiaan-postma.html

pearlbagd said...

Planners looking good, very professional! you should do a second year version as well. I would buy one.X