Sunday 24 May 2009

Characterising dates.

I wanted the calendar to stay strictly about the course, not including any other irrelevant information, for example, holidays. However, I wanted to include something a little more subtle to point out important dates, and also to add a little more character to my calendar. So, I've characterised some dates to suite their holiday. I'm only doing the important ones such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day etc.

Here's some I've done.
Easter Sunday - Bunny Ears
Valentines Day - Holding hands
Christmas Day - Baubles
Halloween - Witches hat
New Years Day - Firework

This is all that there will be. There won't be any text or anything to explain what it is, I don't really think it needs it. The dates are well known so it should be obvious.

I really like how it's really subtle and probably won't be noticed straight away.

No comments: